Hamilton Dermatology is proud to offer telemedicine to our patients. This convenient option provides an excellent and safe way to receive continuing care from our staff of providers by utilizing a simple to use video chat on your cell phone or tablet.
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL APPOINTMENT?
- Virtual appointments can help to avoid a trip to the emergency room and ensure that you receive care from the convenience of your home.
- The appointment will be very similar to an in-person appointment but we will chat on a video platform with a camera.
- The video platform will feel a bit different from talking in-person, and your provider will handle the appointment in a way that will make you feel most comfortable.
- Virtual appointments can only be offered for established patients.
- For your convenience, some appointments are available evening and weekends, as well.
WHAT CAN BE TREATED AT THE APPOINTMENT?
- Rashes, acne, psoriasis, eczema, and lesion checks. Please be sure you have sufficient lighting so that the provider can clearly see the issue.
- Medication renewals including dosage, refills and updates.
- Follow up appointments to check on progress after a procedure has been completed.
- We cannot do full body skin exams.
- Answer your questions and concerns
HOW TO SET UP YOUR VIRTUAL APPOINTMENT
- Call our office at 770-360-8881 to set up your virtual appointment.
- We will review your insurance and confirm that you are an established patient.
- Once you have secured an appointment time, we will contact you to initiate the telemedicine session.
- You will need a cell phone or tablet to conduct your appointment. Please be sure it is sufficiently charged and has a camera and microphone. If you are not completely familiar with technology, you may want to ask a family member or friend to help you set-up.
DO YOU ACCEPT INSURANCE FOR VIRTUAL APPOINTMENTS?
- Virtual appointments function just like a regular doctor’s visit. Your insurance will be charged and you may have a co-pay or deductible. There are some insurance companies that are waiving co-pays during the COVID-19 pandemic in order to keep patients at home and safe. Please contact your insurance carrier for more information.
- You will have to show your valid insurance card. Please be prepared to share the front and back of your card.
- Insurance companies are covering these visits. We will be offering several options that are approved, and you may use whatever meets your comfort level with technology.
- If you have Medicare, there is a chance that the fee may be waived for virtual visits for procedures that are covered under the plan.
- Normal consultation rates will apply and will be billed through your insurance depending on whether it is a medical or cosmetic appointment.
IS TELEMEDICINE HIPAA COMPLIANT?
- On March 17, 2020, the Department of Health & Human Services announced that it is waiving potential HIPAA penalties for good faith use of telemedicine. This waiver will last for at least as long as this public health emergency persists.
- Please know that there is a heightened privacy risks when using a non-HIPAA compliant platform.